It is in this moment that I know what I would grab if I had to leave the house
My town is beautiful...
I love the ocean air
I love the sand in everything
I love my family's laughter
I love being home
Home
Home is family
Friends
Warmth
Dwelling
The presence of Christ
I love my home.
My home is a little different right now.
Hurricane Sandy came through violently.
The town is decimated, and so is my house.
Things are gone.
But they are just things.
Things will come and go.
We will rebuild.
We will stay together.
God protected the structure of my home.
The warmth, love, family, and friends are still there...
So what if the dwelling changes?
So what if how we fill it changes?
While I would be lying to say that my heart is not broken, it will heal.
While I would be lying to say that I am not sad, God is good.
As I sit here with my tea, I couldn't be more thankful to have heard my parents voice.
To have heard my brother laugh.
97 hours is too long
"Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good;
according to your abundant mercy, turn to me."
Psalm 69:16




No comments:
Post a Comment