Friday, December 14, 2012

The stars fell...

Sometimes in the midst of insanity, there are moments of absolute peace.
Moments where the beauty is so startling that you are forced to stop in your tracks and just breathe it in.
Tonight held such a moment.
Between rounds, papers, checking people out, cleaning up, and trying to pack I had to stop...
There was a meteor shower outside tonight.
So I grabbed a coat and laid on the ground outside with Kels.
We just started at the stars and counted the ones that fell...
Stunning
Magnificent
Awe inspiring
There is nothing like the beauty of a star shooting across the sky
I don't care how many time I hear the science of it
I don't care that it's rock burning up in the atmosphere
It stikes my heart as it shoots across the sky
Beautiful and mystical
I was thinking about Bethlehem years ago...
If I were a star in the sky then, I would have tried to fall from the sky to get closer to my creator
I would shine brighter to guide the world to him
I would have given my last bit to burn bright... if only for a while.
Isn't that what we do here while we can?
Shouldn't we burn our brightest?
Shouldn't we give up ourselves to draw closer to Christ?
Shouldn't we burn up all we have left for the sake of our creator?
It's beautiful when the stars do it... I wonder what it looks like when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment