Saturday, October 12, 2013
Todays
I love the October breeze that reddens my cheeks. I love that warm tea is a relief in the morning. The crisp bite in the air when I inhale. Those mornings that remind me why fall is my favorite season. Those days that give me a chance to show the world how vast my scarf collection is (and yet how it is never vast enough). I love how the fall echos the change I feel coming in my life. The change of the days, the routines, and the impending change of graduation.
And yet the impending change has caused me to be grateful for the today. Grateful for the little moments I get with the precious kids I Nanny for here at University. Grateful for the advantages of living on a hall with six of your closest friends. Grateful for the fact that Jake is only a short walk away and not hours. Grateful for my parents encouragements on the hard days where Physics and Geometry try to steal my zeal for intellectual pursuit. Grateful for the blessings I receive each day, even the ones as simple as quirky professors and a good laugh from friends. Grateful for days...
I am grateful for today.
For the cheers of Homecoming that pierce through my window.
For donuts and a pumpkin spice latte on a blustery day.
For a blustery day!
For the chance to dance the night away.
For when I am frustrated by moments, I seek to remember that I am grateful for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment