Monday, August 8, 2011

My heart goes out to Guatemala...

I cannot tell you how often my heart has wandered back to this place in the past few weeks. Or how often my heart has been caught up in this culture. The times this country has come up in the past weeks has been uncountable and in-explainable. I could not explain what draws my heart to this country. I cannot explain why I yearn to go there. I couldn't tell you why I love it so much. The love is simply there. The pain of absence is jolting sometimes...

It's like a deep part of me calls to go back...
In my prayers the name is whispered.

I call out, "I want to go to AFRICA! I've BEEN to Guatemala."
And a piece of me whispers, "Go back. God back."
I cry out, "There is always Appalachia, I've always wanted to help there."
Deeper parts say, "Go back."

Insistent, persistent, intentional, reappearing words... "Go back."

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment