Monday, January 16, 2012

Knight in Shining Armor

Sometimes I have the most mixed feelings coming back to school. I don't mind packing, in fact I like to organize and think through everything. I love road trips, so that isn't the issue. I just hate transition. I love being at home. I love being on the road. I love being at school. I dislike that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I move my life from one area to another. It's like that feeling when you've already traveled up the roller coaster... that split second where you've already climbed one mountain and you're sitting at the top waiting to plummet down to a new adventure. You're anticipating the drop, the adrenalin, the excitement... but the waiting, the "oh-crap-what-am-I-doing" takes over your brain and flips some panic switch. THAT is how coming back to school feels.

Luckily for my my dear big sister and lovely little monkey drove with mommy to bring me back! And that was an adventure by itself. It was a car ride filled with laughter, love, beauty... AND, I got to show off my Mico to all my friends here. I got to show off my school to my big sister. I got to go out to dinner and dessert with my family... It was such a lovely time I barely had time to be sad it was almost over.

In the course of being back I've unpacked, cleaned, rearranged things, hung up new pictures, and had an interesting greeting. Only at my school would a LITERAL fully dressed KNIGHT show up at your door with friends, take a small bow, and walk away (friends in tow). Yeah... I'm not kidding. THIS is why I love my school. Just when I think I couldn't possibly love being here more than I love my home library, my church, and the kids I babysit a Knight shows up at my door.

Well school... bring on the adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment