Today was an interesting day. Needless to say pseudo-fed and working in a library do not mix. I was tired all throughout work. Luckily, I made it through with laughter, crafts, honey mustard chips, and a compliment. One of the boys that I babysit came in with his mom, and she proceeded to tell me that her other son (the elder) told her that he wished I was his mother. It was the most upsetting compliment I had ever received! I felt so excited that I was so loved and yet so upset he would say that to his mom! I also witnessed Misfit Librarian bling out an old pair of shoes with glitter. Epic really. Hopefully the glitter will stop shedding eventually... hairspray should do the trick!
After work I spent the afternoon being lazy. I did nothing... almost. I watched Say Yes to the Dress and flipped through magazines. Then after dinner I spent time with my favorite kid, my brother! We watched Mighty Ducks 2 (my personal favorite of the series) and laughed... okay mostly he laughed at me. I was so annoyed with him at one point because he wouldn't tell me how to pause the movie on his play station that I mooed at him. WHAT?! I just couldn't think of what else to do! It worked, after laughing he told me how.
My next adventure was calling EmA. I miss her so! And we haven't talked since break. After skype failed us and stalled her computer we decided the phone was a better option. We swapped Christmas adventures, laughed a bit, and discussed the fun parts of our lives. He stories involved skiing, mine involved mooing at my brother. Which, apparently, is hilarious. She decided that I should be a youtube run on called "Mackenzie Moos" in which I go into frustrating situations and moo at people. This sent us into a fit of laughter that we never really returned from because then her phone died... we eventually got a proper goodnight in, but I have this conspiracy theory that technology is against us.
All in all, despite the headache, today was a rawther good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment