- Being an RA is a blast. Rounds may be long, but there is nothing quite like having a job that requires you to encourage people. I love going around the building and enjoying people's company. Meg is my rounds partner and we've worked really well together! I can't wait to see what the rest of the semester brings.
- MY FIRST PACKAGE WAS FROM KATIE!!!!! Of course, she sends virtual encouragement all the time, but it was really exciting to get this amazing package in the mail! :)
She sent me: 4 magazines, a picture, 5 books, 4 movies, and a shell from the shores of Ohio.
- I got a new job! I work as a nanny (the title sounds better and it's correct, I am "employed to take care of children in a household") for a local family. One little boy "Tris", and a little girl "Kay". They're great! I watch Tris in the morning 3x a week and Kay joins us for an hour in the afternoon before I go. The family is amazing. They're flexible, fun, and inviting. I can tell I'm really going to love this job.
- Kels and I went for our first adventure, TEA! I finally got to show Kels my favorite tea place in town. It was great, we shared scones, tea, and a lovely afternoon. I can't wait to adventure with her more!
- Our hall had a hunger games movie night. Followed by a nice discussion of society, literature, meaning, and intention. It was quite the one in the morning discussion.
- sleeping the weekend away
- Off campus movie afternoon watching the Music Man at Tim's house. Home made dinner was the best part! Okay... maybe the cookies dessert was the best part. But can you blame my taste?
- Hands down my favorite class the the semester is going to be Juvenile Literature.
- It's taught by one of my favorite professors
- It's about books... CHILDREN'S BOOKS! Ages 0-16 to be precise. I love it!
- I am required to read children's books... I'm still trying to make myself realize that's a requirement...
- First night of class my professor gifted me $80 worth of books. Yes, you read that right, IT WAS A GIFT! He works for Scholastic, so he had a few to spare. Everyone in the class got at least nine books.
- Last class we all got the book Holes
- Tonight we all got six more books
- This class spoils me. My mind. My soul. My book shelf...
- Last week I was bragging about my room having the best view on campus and a friend looked right at me and says, "You bet it does." HA! I was the view... *Dad, the fried was Anna, put the shotgun away*
- My whole hall loves country music... and my RA staff too! Best.
- New episodes of Doctor Who on every week, and my friend Sara to watch them and discuss them with. Great friends and great shows... That's where the title of my entry came from. The first episode had a line in it saying, "What's the perfect word for 'modest and a tiny bit sexy.'" And my friend and I laughed and said, US!
All in all I'm loving every moment of being on this campus. I didn't even get the time to talk about how amazing my hall is! Every last girl is beautiful. I'm so blessed to be their RA... This year is going to be fantastic! Now if I could just kick this cold to the corner...
No comments:
Post a Comment