In the hard moments of life, people tend to ask how we are doing.
How are you?
How do you feel?
I'm not sure... but that answer sounds so indecisive.
What if we all had a scale?
A scale people could understand us by.
Mine would go like this:
Candle, Tea, Book, Library.
How am I?
I could use a candle... I just need to relax a bit. To rest. To breathe.
How am I?
I could use a cup of tea... Just something soothing. Something warm. Something comforting. Something to curl up with when the wind is cold
How am I?
I could use a book... Something familiar. Something to hold on to. Someplace else to think about.
How am I?
I could use a library... Different worlds. Thousands of volumes of knowledge, answers, laughter, song, stories of heroines and lifted spirits and magic. I could use a new world for a little while...
So there's my scale.
No comments:
Post a Comment