For the past months I have been walking this dog. Actually, for almost a year now. I walk him periodically, and I have come to adore this little herder. He likes to run a lot, and he can be a little crazy. But he's a good dog. And his name is from my favorite book, Mr. Darcy! His owner is my neighbor, and before today I hadn't really had a great conversation with her. Today we talked and it was great! I was 30 minutes late getting home... but it was worth it! We talked about literature, and her life. She majored in literature, became a publisher, wrote a book, and has traveled the world. She's had a pretty cool life! And... we actually have a lot in common. I never would've known. She's in her early 60's, but you would never be able to tell form the way she lives her life! She still travels, walks about 6 times a day, and she's amazing. She's had so many adventures... I'll have to start asking her about them more often. And she knows everyone! I walk the dog and at least 4 people come up to me and say hello to Darcy. They all know who he is, and they know me as his walker. It's really funny...
Speaking of dogs, today I was accused of not loving mine because I brushed him for 9 instead of 10 minutes. Really? So when I love him and pet him and play with him... that's because I don't love him. Because I don't brush him every day and I walk him all the time, I don't love him. Perhaps, I simply haven't had the time to walk him? Though I will admit, I hate brushing him... he doesn't stand still and it's a tedious repetitive task. But I DO love him... Who else would stay up sleeping in the kitchen during thunder storms because her dog's afraid of them. Or stay home on the 4th of July because he's afraid of fireworks. I love Dakota... he's truly the best dog ever... no other dog could make me smile just by backing into a room. I admit to being a little sad that someone would accuse me of not loving him. That's accusation is FALSE.
Now I'm going to go watch a Star Wars mini-marathon with him to celebrate! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment