I sit here, and I'm not quite sure how to describe an entire week of camp. Camp is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Partially because of the physical beauty of the camp, the high majestic mountains dipping into the lake. The way the sky meets the mountains, then the mountains meet the water. The way the fog sets in at night, and raises in the morning with the first rays of the sun. The way the trees stand tall and the rocks have a knowing look. I love that place with everything in me. The other part of the camps beauty is in the atmosphere. The energy it has. The life it seems to breath. The way is provides a place to step away from chaos for a moment, and breathe in Real Life. Experience Truth.
Camp is also organized chaos... there's really no other way to describe the activities that we do.
Day 1: Arrive, explore, hear that God created humans and we have purpose, and crawl in the mud army style through an obstacle course lit only by flash lite like lamps at 10 at night. Ate the best dessert ever, big cookie!
Day 2: All camp volleyball tournament... 3 games per cabin. Each cabin in uniform. Or cabin? Black dominos with white dots. =) Swim test, water slide, wake boarding. (Even though I opted not to wake board this week). Learn that Jesus is God's son and that there's a problem in the world. Dodge ball tournament!! This also happened to be my 18th birthday! <3 I got to spend it with amazing people, was surprised with a cake and a "birthday party in a box", had my room decorated, was given a gluten free cupcake with a candle, and had the entire camp sing happy birthday to me 3 times... Best 18th Birthday I've ever had! ^-^
Day 3: Cabin tournaments! We never win, but we have fun running around being insane! Sprained my ankle (don't worry it happens a lot) by rolling it falling down the stairs. It POURED outside. Discovered a word game called Bannagrams. Became obsessed with said word game... played that word game for the rest of the day! Learned the reason for pain in the world. Had a rodeo, county fair, and hoedown! Nothing like the Virginia Reel to end the day!
Day 4: Group Tournaments that I took some pictures of. Cabin tubing on the lake! Got some amazing pictures there... Got to know some of the girls better, and love them all the more. Heard about our separation from God because of Sin. Had a 50's themed dinner. Watched an 'opera'. Had an all camp dance party. Sang Karaoke. And had deep conversations with dear friends.
Day 5: Optional Camp Tournaments. So I opted not to do any. BANNAGRAMS WITH THE GIRLIES FOR THE WIN!! :D Free time... watched some guys and girls do the ropes course 50 feet in the air... then went parasailing. I honestly don't know how high I was in the air, but it was amazing. Then I had a precious few hours of discussion over tea with my beloved Corina. <3 Off to dinner (have I mentioned the food is amazing?). Heard the story of the ultimate rescue, true love, and Jesus sacrifice for me. Tiki torches and discussions filled with real life.
Day 6: Everything is free time! I think I slept and played Bannagrams the entire day... it poured a lot so I didn't mind being inside! I got a few good pictures. Heard about the ultimate Victory over death. Listened to the stories of some beautiful girls. Danced in circles when I had no energy left because I could. Packed.
Day 7: Up at 5am to watch the sunrise. Back to the cabin to clean and make beds. Finished by 8:36. First cabin done! YES! Took the opportunity to go see Jordan and Kayt. I had 9-10 with them, and a little bit of time with Miss Anita. Then off to Brunch, then the last club. Then the Bus. The 11 hour bus ride home... oh boy.... the air conditioning broke for the last 5 hours and we steamed in a bus and were ridiculous while watching Pixar movies or McGiver! Got to bed around 12...
All in all it was a long and amazing week.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment