Sunday, September 26, 2010

Before you know it time has elapsed...

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've written anything, that is so unlike me! I can't even fully describe a week of college having gotten behind... I can't even fully remember all the things that I've done!

Last week when Shawn and Dad were here (even for a short time) it was great. I loved being able to share my college with Shawn, just showing him where I live now and who my friends are here. It was great! I can't wait until my whole family comes up in a few weeks and I get to show them all around and just share more with them. Last Sunday I went into the city to watch my Daddy race, that was great. I loved seeing him, and Frankie, finish racing. I loved being able to give him a huge hug (sweat and all). And I held back tears as he put his medal from the race around my neck... After they left I went with Em and Kels to church. WHICH WAS BEAUTIFUL! The community was small and the pastor was great, I think I may stick with this church. We then went out for lunch, CHINESE! That was awesome...

Considering I can't remember which days I did what last week, I am going to write out bullet points of what I did:

-Sang in the Chapel with amazing acoustics
-Went to Wawa
-Saw how much my friends care for me when I felt sick
-Made a new amazing beautiful friend named Sammie
-Went on a midnight adventure
-Went to all my classes and was given a ton of homework
-Learned some new things on the guitar
-Tackled Emily Ann (this is actually very normal)
-Had a moment of sorrow in missing my Grandmother and spent the time with Lesa
-SAW JORDAN! That was fun =) [he got overshadowed by my brother's visit... sad day]
-Took pictures (multiple times)
-Got measured for a choir gown
-Sang in the choir for Chapel for the first time
-Studied and read a lot
-SWING!
-Organized my life a little bit more
-Wrote letters

And then there was this weekend! I went to Camp with my family, and I BROUGHT SAMMIE WITH ME! That was a LOT of fun. But... oddly enough, I was ready to be back at college. The community here just makes me want to be back. I miss my family, and all my friends. But... there's something about here that just makes me love it. I hope that stays all four years. Anyway, it was great to have Sammie there with me, we really had some bonding time and got to know each other. She's a really amazing person. God is really blessing me with great friendships here. I can't even believe it! It's a joy that's overwhelming and is slowly sinking in. It was great to see YL family though, I liked that a lot.

Coming home today was great too, I got to see all my friends again. I was going through separation anxiety from Kels, hahaha. I got home and called ABI! Because today is her BIRTHDAY! :D And then I did some homework, talked with Kels, did some more homework, went to dinner, did a little bit of fun reading, and then went off to see a play. Out theater program did "Rachel Corrie". It had a lot of passion and some great moral points, but it was so clouded in gray area that I couldn't tell if I liked it or not. Plays that make me wonder what exactly the point was... I'm never sure if I like them or not. So I can't tell you what I really thought of it because I'm not quite sure.

After the play we went to worship. Em, Tim, Emma, and Justin were the team tonight. It was great. I love worshiping with them, and just laughing and talking after. I'm even hanging out with Kara tomorrow! So excited for that. =)

Well, now it's time for bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment