Friday, February 15, 2013

I want...

I want adventures...
I want to breathe in the foreign air and live a life in far away lands
I want to collect sand from every beach I visit, and keep a little box of memories of all the places I visit
I want to write... letters, poetry, books. Hand write it, until my fingers are so covered it appears that I have bled ink
I want to notice the beauty in every little thing. To wake up in the middle of the night just to watch the stars. Wake up early just to see the sunrise.
I want to walk through the woods at night just to listen
I want someone to walk beside me where I go, just because they can
I want more than a kindred spirit and a love, I want a soulmate
I want to capture every moment, every silly little moment, to paste into a scrapbook...
I want to dance in the rain, not just rain, the storm
I want to paint and drawn and press flowers and sing, regardless of how good it is. Just because I like it
I want to be daring, to take risks, to revel in childlike innocence. Naked and unashamed.
I want a library that I can call home
I want to fill my life with stories to share
I want to walk with my friends, the friends that are closer than a brother
I want to walk with my brother
I want to love freely. Never giving up on it, never expecting perfection. A broken hallelujah.
I want to curl up in blankets on the beach and listen to the ocean roar
I want to always dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment