First week of college... check
First weekend?
Amazing!
Friday was great, I had Old Testament and Algebra and then I was done so I did all my homework for the weekend! Fantastic right? Then we walked into the CUTE nearby town and did some window shopping and food sampling. All in all is was a great trip. This little town has the BEST bread place EVER. I could eat an entire loaf of the sourdough... yummm! It was good to know where to walk to get into town. That night we also had the variety show, some acts were REALLY funny. Ours was... so so. But it's over, it was bonding, it was fun while it lasted. =)
Saturday was an early riser day. We got up and had service hours in a city about 30 minutes away. We helped to clean up the town. I was weed whacking, and I had a slight incident... A weed whacker umped back while i was pulling the chord to turn it on and gave me a bloody lip. It's really black and blue but doesn't hurt. I consider it my battle scar. =) My friends were joking, when I was walking with one he even said, "I can't walk around with you in the city with you looking like that. It looks like a back handed you..." WE all cracked up. OH! We went into the city at night. Just to wander, have fun, see the sights, and of course eat frozen yogurt! It was really great, I love hanging out with my friends. We even went into the hard rock cafe! I got a little bracelet to commemorate my first weekend at college.
Today I got to sleep in before Chapel when Shane Calyborne came and spoke. It was really cool. I love listening to some of his ideals. I don't agree with all of his theology, but I love the way he loves people and how down to earth he is. He's a really great guy. And today was my first time taking communion here, which was really cool. Then this afternoon I did some reading, listened to music, and then played some volleyball and soccer before dinner. If THAT didn't make me tired what I did next exhausted me. But, it was ALSO the highlight of my day. SWING DANCING! Technically Swing club doesn't start up until Thursday, but Brad and his friend Steve were willing to show us a few moves. It was really great! We danced for about an hour and a half and it was exhilarating! I love to swing dance!
Right about now we have worship so I have to go, but I'll keep you updated on swing, it's definitely a great way to de-stress. After all, if it isn't fun it isn't swing. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment