Today was fantastic!
Today was my first day of college classes!
MY VERY FIRST DAY!
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Okay, I'm done screaming now down to what happened.
I woke up and got ready, skipped breakfast for a prayer session with a few friends before we started our day, and headed off to my very first class! (Which, by the way, I have with Kels and Justin!) First class of the day: Old Testament! It's very reading intensive and I can tell already that it'll be a bit of a challenge, but I like that. I know that it's going to give me a new perspective on pieces that I've read before, and I love that. I love that I have people to help me too!
After class we went to Chapel. The very first all here Chapel. It was amazing, just like the first time. I loved it, it was a time of worship and encouragement, and I was really inspired. The fact that this is optional and still so many people show up... it amazes me. I love that!
Right after Chapel Kels and I went to lunch then I had to run over to my Algebra class (I wanted to be early and sit in the front). Mission successful, I was in the front row, and I love my teacher. I had a little bit of homework, but not too much! It was really great, I think I'm going to like this class, despite the fact that it stresses me out a little more just because it's math.
After that I went back to the dorm and met Kels and walked her over to her class in the music building. I talked to the choir director and got him to sign a pass for me to switch into Choir as a credited class! Now I just need to get my adviser to sign it... tomorrow!
Then I headed over to the Library to have some study time and did a little reading to OT class and answered the first few questions. Justin joined for a short time and we talked about how our first day was going so far, then I met Kels and Krisi for an early dinner (because Kels has a night class). I walked back and called my parents, and had a little down time. Then I had color group practice. We went over our routine for the show on Friday... it's not that bad! I'm not exactly excited to be in front of the entire student body for a show, but I'm not panicking either. I take comfort that my fellow 2014 graduates will be making fools of themselves too!
After color group I went back to the room to attempt to finish homework, but Tim txted Kels so we went and had a study group... there wasn't much studying. But you know what? I needed a laugh to interrupt! I needed a little fun time before I went back to studying! When I got back to the dorm we had Grow Group (which is like bible study for my hall). It was a great introduction, and I'm really excited about what it's going to bring in weeks to come. =) After GG I sat down and finished all the homework assigned today so that tomorrow is free for NEW homework with my NEW classes.
Full day tomorrow... so I'd better get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment